You don’t need a membership to shop with Instacart. However, Instacart+, previously known as Instacart Express, is a membership option for customers who want to save more and get other exclusive benefits.
For a flat annual cost or a low monthly fee, you can enjoy unlimited free deliveries on all orders of $35 or more. You must meet the $35 order minimum for each retailer within an order.
As an Instacart+ member, you can save on average $7 per order. You can also enjoy the following exclusive benefits on every order—
- $0 delivery fees on orders of $35 or more (typically starting at $3.99 for non-Instacart+)
- Reduced service fees*
*The service fee covers a broad range of operating costs including shopper operations, insurance, background checks, and Instacart Care.
To receive extra savings on each order, you can pay either monthly or annually for an Instacart+ membership. You can also sign up for a free trial if you’re new to Instacart+.
Plan pricing information is available when you choose your plan.
- Annual memberships are billed each year on the same date.
- Monthly memberships are charged on the same day every month.
Note: You can’t use Instacart gift cards to pay for Instacart+ unless you’re using an Instacart+ membership gift card. For more information, check out our Purchase a gift card Help Center article.
Sign up for an Instacart+ membership
You can sign up for an Instacart+ membership in the app or on the website.
- Select the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select Your Instacart+ Membership.
- Choose your preferred plan (annual/monthly).
- Select Choose Annual/Monthly Plan.
This membership does not give you faster delivery or earlier time slots than other customers. Likewise, membership with Instacart+ does not guarantee that specific delivery slots will be available for a given delivery. Service fees may apply. For full terms and conditions, please visit the Instacart+ Terms and Conditions.